The Spreading Hope Network was founded in 2016 with a vision to foster hope in God by igniting a movement of urban classical Christian schools serving the youth of our nation’s cities. Our mission is to foster hope in God by aiding in the planting and strengthening of locally run urban classical Christian schools inspired by the model of Hope Academy in Minneapolis, MN.
As we seek to expand our work of supporting new school development around the country, we are seeking a Marketing & Development Manager to champion and expand our distinctive work of kick-starting new, God-centered schools for children of the city.
The Marketing & Development Manager will creatively lead and plan marketing and publicity efforts to promote awareness of our mission, and also steward relationships and the grant-making process with local and national foundations as well as with key individual donors and other constituents.
The right leader will also serve to support school clients in advising on marketing and communication strategies, and will also delight in the opportunity to deepen relationships with networked school leaders and their teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required, and some studies in education/biblical/theological studies preferred
- A strong personal Christian faith — with convictions in line with the Lausanne Covenant (please review) — and membership in a local church
- Energy and enthusiasm for expanding access to classical Christian education in under-resourced communities
- At least 3 years of demonstrated effectiveness in a marketing or development role.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Office tools, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and WordPress preferred but not required
- Ability to manage and coordinate logistical details on multiple simultaneous projects
- A team player who is also highly self-directed
- Flexibility to travel domestically up to 20 days/year
- This position will begin as a part-time, non-benefits eligible position
- Start date, salary, and title are negotiable based on the candidate
- This position will work remotely, with occasional in-person meetings happening in Minneapolis (or in other U.S. cities in tandem with school leader conferences)
- To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a PDF of your resume AND a letter of interest detailing your interest in this position as well as your own sense of vocation in connection with the Spreading Hope Network.
- We will begin reviewing applications on November 1, 2021
- This post will be updated when the position has been filled