Spreading Hope Network Job Posting: As we seek to expand new school development around the country, we are seeking a Managing Director
Our Mission: The Spreading Hope Network was founded in 2016 with a vision to foster hope in God by igniting a movement of urban classical Christian schools serving the youth of our nation’s cities, inspired by the model of Hope Academy in Minneapolis, MN. We seek to inspire, train, and network leaders around the country who are called to start and lead flourishing day schools designed to prioritize remarkable, God-centered education for low-income families in city-centered communities.
The Managing Director will provide a critical link among leadership and staff and facilitate effective internal communication, teamwork, and a climate of mutual accountability and respect, managing the organization’s day-to-day operations and project priorities.
The Managing Director will assist the ED and President with board relations and management, and national educational partners, and help envision the organization’s future by setting near- and long-term goals and mobilizing the team to achieve goals.
The ideal Managing Director will be located within close proximity to Minneapolis, though applicants outside the Twin Cities will be considered, with the flexibility to travel upwards of 20-30 days per year.
Core Functions of the Managing Director
Organizational Leadership and Strategy
Working in partnership with the President and ED, the Managing Director will lead the planning and implementation of new processes and systems to achieve annual goals, and manages the growth and operations of the team.
The Managing Director will:
- Maintain accountability among staff leadership — coordinating effective coordination of client-facing educational coaches, event coordination, marketing & development efforts, and business and administrative needs.
- Manages a calendar of events and deadlines, evaluates and monitors mission performance against annual goals, and prioritizes activities accordingly.
- Leads weekly team check-ins and monthly planning meetings, sets agendas, and manages follow-up activities.
- Leads special projects directly as assigned and conducts other duties as assigned.
The Managing Director will lead the migration to a more stable and professional remote and hybrid work environment to optimize communication within staff teams and the management level by utilizing technology effectively. The Managing Director will be responsible for:
- Ensuring effective information technology – including hardware, software systems, internet, phones, and cyber security – are optimized for a remote and hybrid environment.
- Office management including administrative functions, office space management, and general facilities.
The Managing Director will work closely with the Business Manager to oversee human resources including hiring, employment policies, compensation, employee health and retirement benefits, payroll, and training. Additionally, the Managing Director will:
- Assist in defining the organizational structure, optimal staff roles, effective team composition, and proper distribution of assignments.
- Assist with performance appraisals, promotions, discipline, hiring, and termination.
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications:
The ideal Managing Director candidate will have demonstrated operational management and leadership experience, strong business management skills and will have successfully helped lead organizations through periods of growth.
- Highly missional. A strong personal Christian faith — with convictions in line with the Lausanne Covenant (please review) — and membership in a local church
- Relational. High emotional intelligence and interpersonal awareness in relationships and group situations.
- Excellent. Driven to create high-quality outputs. High level of care for excellence and follow-through.
- Entrepreneurial and Pioneering. Motivated to build systems and forge paths where none existed before and willingly to dive into new territory.
- Grounded & Humble. Deeply rooted in Christian faith and demonstrating high moral integrity, and desiring to be a team player.
- Adaptable. Able to adapt and connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, ages, and core motivations/convictions.
- Trained and Experienced.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred, in business or non-profit administration, or education (biblical/theological studies a plus!)
- Minimum three years (five or more preferred) of successful experience in leadership within Christian education or another non-profit setting; experience serving in an urban ministry educational setting – at Hope Academy or otherwise – a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting salary of $55,000, with a range depending on the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
- This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position, including health insurance.